Today I wanted to share a savoury recipe with you all. This is super quick to make and it tastes soooo good. These nachos are really healthy for you. They are gluten free and are filled with all the good veggies and meat nutrients.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- A bag of chips (Doritos or any other brand that is good)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato paste
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (120g) low-fat grated Tasty cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 avocadoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup (120g) low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 a can of corn
- Finely chopped Celery (for topping)
- Beef Mince
- 1 grated carrot
Method (inspired by TASTE)
Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Prepare vegetables and other ingredients.
Heat a saucepan over medium heat and spread with olive oil. Place meat into saucepan and cook until ready. Add the onion and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the kidney beans, cumin, chilli, tomato paste and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Simmer for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced. Remove from the heat.
Spread the chips on a large heatproof serving plate. Top with the kidney bean mix, then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Meanwhile mix the chopped tomatoes with the coriander and set aside.
Add, corn, coriander and tomatoe mix, grated carrot, celery, avocado and sour cream and put on top of Nacho TOWER!
Serve your delicious healthy Nachos and ENJOY!!!
So that was my Nacho Recipe. This is perfect if you are in a rush and just want something yummy for dinner. This was my first time making Nachos too and since I looooved them I thought I could share it with all of you!
I hope I inspired you today to make something yummy and to try something different.
ThankYOU for reading my post. I hope you enjoy my blog. Feel free to have a look at some other things I post about and maybe (if you like it) follow my blog. My goal is to get 100 followers by March! ThankYOU for helping me!!
Have an awesome day, byeeeeeeee